The Short Version
My aim is to entertain people, not invade their privacy. I don’t collect any information that I don’t have to. If you post a comment, I’m not going to sell any of your information to anyone.
The Long Version
Information Gathered from Visitors
- As is the case with most other websites, log files are stored on the web server. These log files save details such as the visitor’s browser type, IP address, referring page and time of visit.
- If the user decides to comment on a comic or blog post, the visitor’s e-mail and a username will be stored on the server.
How This Information Is Used
- The information described above is used to enhance the vistor’s experience when using the website, and to display personalized content and/or advertising.
- E-mail addresses are not sold, rented or leased to third parties.
- Cookies are small digital signature files that are stored by the user’s web browser. These files allow user preferences to be recorded when visiting the website, and may also be used to track return visits to the website.
- Users may be able to block cookies via their browser settings. This may prevent them from accessing certain features of the website, however.
CONTEXTWEB Ads, Google Ads, and Other Ad Services
- Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to visitors based on their visit to sites they visit on the Internet.
- Users who decide to post comments on the comics and/or blog posts on the site must enter a name and their e-mail address in order to post. The name becomes visible to all other visitors but the e-mail remains hidden and is not disclosed to the public or to any third parties. Users may also optionally include a link to their website, which is also publicly visible.
- Any personal information voluntarily included in the body of user-submitted comments also becomes visible to all visitors. Users are encouraged to use caution and avoid posting sensitive personal information.